So, you’ve purchased a dripping atomizer and are about to dive into your first vaping and test flavors. Is this your first time using a bridgeless atomizer? Please read on.
Attaching the Atomizer to Your Device
The 510 bridgeless will thread onto an eGo style battery or any device that has the 510 connection. Be mindful of how tight you attach your bridgeless atty because the battery contact can be pushed in too far into the atomizer and you won’t get any power. If this happens to remove your atty than carefully use a tool to wiggle out the connection and try it again gently.
Using a Cartomizers
There are different methods for refilling cartomizers, but a number of these are more suited to experienced vapers. After vaping for a while and learning your equipment, chances are you will develop your own variations on whatever method you choose.
If you are a new vaper, however, and just learning about the nuances of electronic cigarettes and e-liquid, you need a straightforward, step-by-step process to get you started.
Things you’ll need:
- An electronic cigarette cartomizer
- A bottle of e-juice
- Paper towels
- A toothpick or unbent paper clip
- A well-lit area
- Lay down one or two layers of paper towel on a flat, well-lit surface. A small amount of e-liquid may drip through the bottom of your cartomizer, so be sure to work above the covered surface.
- Take your toothpick or paper clip and slide it through the hole in the rubber end of your cartomizer, then use it to gently remove the rubber plug. Set the plug aside.
- Hold the cartomizer with the open side up and toward the light, so you can easily see the filler and inside edges.
- Gently drip 2-3 drops of e-liquid around the edge of the cartomizer. Be careful to keep all liquid at the edge and avoid allowing it to drip down the center hole of the cartomizer.
- Hold the cartomizer at a slight angle and spin it rapidly from side to side between your fingers, still keeping the open side facing up. Spin until the e-liquid has absorbed into the filler.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, turning the cartomizer slightly each time you add more e-liquid to ensure full and even saturation. Continue doing this either until a small amount of e-liquid drips through the metal end of the cartomizer onto the paper towel, or until the top of the filler takes on a slushy appearance and absorption slows down noticeably.
- Re-insert the plug and place cartomizer on the paper towel with the metal end down.
- Allow the cartomizer to sit this way for at least ½ hour while the e-liquid absorbs evenly throughout the filler. This is to allow the e-liquid plenty of time to settle and saturate the area nearest the heating element, which prevents the possibility of burning the filler and using up your cartomizer prematurely.
- The extended wait time is only necessary for the first fill. When refilling, you’ll only need to wait about 10 minutes.
- When the waiting period has completed, hold your cartomizer up to your mouth with a paper towel covering the metal end, and blow through the rubber end. This step removes any excess liquid, preventing it from making its way into the center of the cartomizer.
- With a paper towel, blot and wipe the metal end of the cartomizer until it is thoroughly free of liquid.
Although the multi-step process outlined here may seem confusing, it should become second nature to you after just a few sessions.
- Be patient, soon you’ll be refilling e-cigarette cartomizers like a pro.
After you have successfully taste tested a flavor you can move onto the next. Make sure you vape the last flavor fully and dry burn the atomizer. A few pulses of your firing switch should do the trick. Now you can drip 3 drops of a different flavor. Vape and repeat.
Cleaning your Dripper
You have access to Everclear or just plain vodka then just fill a shot glass halfway and drop your atomizer in overnight. Another method is raising your atomizer put a tiny drop of vodka in your atomizer and dry burn.
Now you’re all set-up to try all the different flavors from ejuiceconnect.com where you will get the huge collection of cheap e juice before you commit to filling your favorite tank device.